👩🏽🍳You like...to work behind the scenes in a team
Roles & Vacancies
You may be interested in applying for the following roles with our partner companies:
Chef ➡️ Companies to apply for jobs with:
Kitchen porter ➡️ Companies to apply for jobs with:
You like to work behind the scenes, getting involved in activities that are core to an organisation's effective service delivery. Without you, new recipes wouldn’t be created, customers wouldn’t have an exciting new daily special, and the food prep, pots and pans wouldn’t be ready for the next service.
You'll likely be happy to be on your feet, working in a fairly physical role and seeing the impact of your work in the form of a final product for a customer - a meal plated up and ready to be enjoyed by a customer.
Your strengths are likely:
- A love of food!
- Ability to work in a team or independently
- Good attention to detail
- Willingness to learn and take instruction
- Basic (right up to advanced) English skills to be able to read product labels, ingredients, and communicate with your team
You’ll want to convey these skills in your CV and interview process.
Experience & salary expectations
- Experience: Depending on the seniority of the role, some experience may be required.
- Work hours: Typically 40 - 60 hours per week. There can be varied shift patterns including weekends.
- Salary: £22,000 - £32,500
Kitchen porter ➡️
- Experience: Often no formal qualification or training required.
- Work hours: Typically 40 hours per week. There can be varied shift patterns including weekends.
- Salary: £16,000 - £23,000
💡 Research these roles by having a look at the companies Beam already works with (see above)
💡 If you want to get started on applying for these roles, review your CV and ensure that you are demonstrating examples of these qualities!